NO.1#LONG HAIRED CHIHUAHUA DOG BREED INFORMATION GUIDE
Chihuahua long haired Breed Profile
Chihuahua long haired truth file
KC Group: Toy
Height: There’s no height specified in the breed standard, but in common they should stand at 15 – 23cm
Weight: 1.eight – two.7kg
Average lifespan: Around 14 years
Temperament: Spirited and clever
Very good with children?: Seek breeder advice
Exercise requirement: Small
Very good guard dogs?: Would bark
Moulting level: Medium
Colours: Any colour or mixture of colours but never merle (dappled).
Jogging partner: No
The Chihuahua is really a hardy small dog with couple of hereditary problems. On the other hand, as a result of his minute size, he’s more at danger of injury than bigger breeds. The following conditions are recognized:
- Patella luxation.
- Heart problems.
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar levels).
- Some incidences of epilepsy in old age.
Patella luxation is really a hereditary condition where the dog’s kneecap slides out of place, causing the leg to lock, with the foot held off the ground. It’s a common condition in little breeds and varies in severity.
Hypoglycaemia happens mainly in Chihuahua puppies and very little Chihuahuas. The liver can’t shop glycogen correctly meaning that blood sugar levels fluctuate, leading to the body getting deprived of crucial nutrients.
Chihuahuas, like babies, are born with a soft spot on the top of their skull (where the bones have not yet come with each other and fused), named a molera. Quite usually the molera doesn’t close till the puppy is several months old, and occasionally (but rarely) not at all. Take care that your Chihuahua doesn’t sustain a bump on this area of his head.
There are actually no obligatory health tests for the Chihuahua. On the other hand Chihuahua breed clubs are encouraging breeders to test parent dogs for luxating patella and dogs with the condition shouldn’t be bred from.
- Cheeky and spirited.
- Clever and feisty.
Way of life
- The Chihuahua is definitely an indoor breed who loves his creature comforts.
- His size means that he can be a ‘take anywhere dog’, and he will gladly go, but re-member he’s not a ‘handbag dog’.
- He will derive a lot enjoyment from walks, but is equally happy tearing around the garden.
- The Chihuahua tends to bond very closely with 1 family member.
- Not an perfect breed for families with little children; the Chihuahua’s size makes him a famous candidate for being picked up, which he won’t appreciate in excess.
- Not very best suited to a boisterous household. Whilst this small personality is all dog, he can be accidentally injured quite simply by those bigger than him.
- He can be a vocal chap and will make an magnificent watchdog, usually alerting his owner to visitors prior to they even arrive!
- The Chihuahua will fortunately live with other dogs if socialised early. Take care should you count on him to live with bigger breeds.
- Thrives in his owner’s company.
- Very clever and will quickly pick up commands.
- Long-haired Chihuahuas require a small more time to become spent on grooming, to ensure no knots or mats form in his furnishings.
- He’s naturally cautious of strangers, but once your long hair Chihuahua is pleased that there’s no threat, he will respond fortunately. Begin socialising your Chihuahua as quickly as possible to avoid any yappiness.
- The Chihuahua has big eyes and because he’s so little and close towards the ground can simply get grit and dust in them. Check and clean his eyes on a steady basis to avoid irritation and infection.
- Some long hair Chihuahuas lose their tooth as they get older. Clean tooth frequently to help keep them as healthy as possible for as long as possible.
- Take care, as your Chihuahua puppy will get under your feet to Begin with, but he will quickly learn that this really is not a superb idea!
- Don’t let your Chihuahua jump on and off the furniture as this might damage his small joints.
- Manageable size.
- Doesn’t require a great number of exercise.
- Relatively healthy.
- Dainty stature makes him weak.
- Not appropriate for busy households or young children.
- Can be a ‘1 man dog’.
Did you know?
- The longhair Chihuahua is the smallest breed of dog in the world.
- They’re recognized to snort (or reverse sneeze) when they’re overexcited, alarmed, or drink too quick.
- The longhair Chihuahua’s origins are shrouded in mystery; some claim it’s an ancient Mexican breed, whilst others think the Chihuahua came from China.
- The 1st dog to dine in the House of Commons was a Chihuahua — he wore a diamond collar for the occasion.
What He’s Like:
The Chihuahua is really a confident, feisty, Brave, and faithful dog. He’s fond, mild and sweet-natured with his family. He likes to play games, and needs plenty of attention, affection and petting. He often becomes very connected to 1 member of the family in particular, and if you’re his chosen 1 he will follow you everywhere you go. He tends to get jealous when you spend attention to someone else or to one more pet! He loves to sit on your lap and maintain close to you. He will burrow into any blankets he can find, inclusive the ones on your bed. Due to his little size, you ought to watch out not to step on him or to let him jump from high pieces of furniture or he could break a bone. He’s not sociable with strangers and makes an magnificent watchdog because he’s so alert and fast to bark when someone treads on his turf. You could have trouble convincing your friends that this fierce small beast is such an adorable, sweetheart when they are not around. He can be yappy from time to time so you are going to need to let him know, early on, that you simply will not tolerate it. He doesn’t need to have a good deal of exercise and tires simply, but he does prefer to go out discovering and needs brief walks and romps outdoors each so usually. He might shiver when he’s nervous or cold. You need to maintain agency control of him when you’re out, because he has no anxiety of bigger dogs and will ferociously challenge them even when they’re 10 times his size! He doesn’t get together with dogs he doesn’t know, despite the fact he will get along fine with other dogs in the household if he grows up with them as a puppy. He does prefer the companionship of one more Chihuahua, on the other hand. He’s not simple to train and you are going to need to have a great number of patience when teaching him commands. He’s notoriously difficult to housebreak. He may possibly snap at, or even bite, a child if the child is rough with him or teases him, but he’ll get along well with your children if they’re mild and respectful of him. He’s a medium-shedder so he may not be an excellent pet for you personally if you’re worried about dog-hair in the house.
He only requires an occasional brushing to help keep his coat twist free. But you may find your self brushing him more usually to reduce the shedding if it bothers you.
The Chihuahua is definitely an ancient breed descended from the Techichi dog of the Toltecs of Mexico, and probably also from Mayan dogs from South America. Images of him have already been found on the pyramids at Chichen Itza. He’s called for the northern region of Mexico close to the Texas and Arizona borders of the United States. He was eventually brought to Europe by Christopher Columbus, who mentions a Chihuahua inside a letter towards the King of Spain. He was most likely crossed with the Chinese Crested in order to reduce his size. He became a extremely popular dog in America, where he was at 1st named a “Texas Dog” or an “Arizona Dog.” His AKC reputation was 12th out of 157 breeds in 2007.
NO.1#LONG HAIRED CHIHUAHUA DOG BREED INFORMATION GUIDE
- High high quality chihuahua print scarf.
- Oversized: 40″ wide; 70″ long. Big enough to wear as numerous ways as you are able to.
- Made of super soft and lightweight fabric.
- Special present for your loved ones, friends, etc. Ideal for all occasions and seasons.
- Brand new and every in original packaging.
List Price: £19.99
A cute small signal with the message ‘A House Is Not A House With out A Chihuahua’ in sweet, playful typography with cute small adore hearts and paw prints dotted around on the creamy coloured signal background.
This wooden plaque is really a Beautiful small house accessory for Chihuahua dog owners. The excellent handmade present for your friends & family.
Something special for your loved ones to hang inside their chihuahua friendly house that will give them a huge smile each time they look at it.
The signal looks great hung from centre of doors, door & drawer handles, wall hooks, flower & ornamental displays, table centre pieces & dining chairs, etc.
Signal Details & Materials
eight”x four”- 20cm x 10cm – 6mm MDF
Printed Design & Hanging Twine
Distressed With Scuffs, Dents & Scratches
Hand Sanded Finish For Indoor Use Only
Every signal is distressed & finished by hand for a special look you will find nowhere else. As a hand made item, the signal you receive may possibly vary a little in size, colour and level of distress in comparison to our marketing images.
Signs are designed primarily for indoor use and should only be displayed outdoors for brief periods throughout dry weather. Extended exposure to outside elements such as rain, water, frost, heat and UVs might damage and fade your signal.
- A House Is Not A House With out A Chihuahua – Sweet Small House Accessory Present Signal
- eight” x four” – 20cm x 10cm – 6mm MDF Timber & Traditional Hanging Twine
- Excellent Present For Friends & Family / Something Special For Your Personal House
- Handmade in UK, Wooden MDF Signal / Plaque. All Original Graphic Designs You will Find Nowhere Else
- For Indoor Use Only: Looks Great Hung From Centre Of Doors, Door & Drawer Handles, Wall Hooks, Flower & Ornamental Displays, Table Centre Pieces & Chairs, etc
List Price: £five.99
List Price: £seven.99
- Big, lightweight scarf decorated with a gorgeous Chihuahua print design
- Magnificent high quality, soft, simple to wear fashion scarf
- Quick Royal Mail first Class Post Delivery, we post each and every day Monday to Friday
- Size:100cm x 180cm – Click on LilyRosa to browse more beautiful scarf colours & designs
- Great present idea specially for Dog lovers. Delivered in original sealed plastic bag packaging.
List Price: £seven.99
- 2 pair of Dog shoes ONLY, other accessories photographed not included.
- Please check your pet’s measurements to create sure the item fits prior to ordering.
- Nonslip rubber bottom make pet more secure when walking or running.
- Can protect the pet paw from the mud, scratches and burning.
- Handy to wear and take off with adjustable hook loop fastener and zipper closure.
- This dog shoes is Brown and Size S.
- Size available are XXS, XS, S. Colors available are Brown.
- Also other sizes in this design available.
- Product Name : Dog Shoes;Size : S(Size four),
- Sole Size : five.six x four.7cm/two.two” x 1.eight”(L*W);Fit Paw Size : four.six x three.7cm/1.eight” x 1.four”(L*W)
- Height : 5cm/ two”;Fabric : Plush, Rubber
- Main Colour : Brown,;Net Weight : 62g
- Package Content : two Pair x Dog Shoes
List Price: £five.77