BEST BUY #1 THE CAR HACKER’S HANDBOOK: A GUIDE FOR THE PENETRATION TESTER REVIEWS AND PRICE COMPARE UK
Modern cars are more computerized than ever. Infotainment and navigation systems, Wi-Fi, automatic software updates, and other innovations aim to create driving more handy. But vehicle technologies have not kept tempo with today’s more hostile safety surroundings, leaving millions weak to attack.
The Car Hacker’s Handbook will give you a deeper understanding of the pc systems and embedded software in modern vehicles. It begins by examining vulnerabilities and providing detailed explanations of communications over the CAN bus and in between devices and systems.
Then, once you have an understanding of a vehicle’s communication network, you will learn how to intercept information and perform particular hacks to track vehicles, unlock doors, glitch engines, flood communication, and more. With a concentrate on low-price, open source hacking tools like Metasploit, Wireshark, Kayak, can-utils, and ChipWhisperer, The Car Hacker’s Handbook will show you how to:
- Build an correct threat model for your vehicle
- Reverse engineer the CAN bus to not real engine signs
- Exploit vulnerabilities in diagnostic and information-logging systems
- Hack the ECU and other firmware and embedded systems
- Feed exploits through infotainment and vehicle-to-vehicle communication systems
- Override factory settings with performance-tuning techniques
- Build physical and virtual test benches to try out exploits safely
If you are curious about automotive safety and have the urge to hack a 2-ton pc, make The Car Hacker’s Handbook your 1st stop.
List Price: £19.29